Erectile dysfunction is defined as the consistent inability to attain or maintain a sufficiency rigid penile erection for sexual performance. Around 50% of men between 40-70 years old have erectile dysfunction.
The sexual dysfunction of the man may be manifested in different ways. Patient history by a doctor is critical to the proper diagnosis and treatment. Loss of erection can result from arterial, venous, neurogenic, psychological cause, medicines, history of surgery or accident that implicates the pelvis. A loss of libido may indicate androgen deficiency.
Second step is a laboratory control to check about presence of other diseases such as: diabetes mellitus, hypercholesterolemia, low testosterone etc.
Most men suffering from erectile dysfunction can be treated successfully with one or a combination of the following approaches:
- Change of life style: less alcohol, quit smoking, regular exercise, good sleep, stress control etc.
- Good control and treatment of existing diseases
- Testosterone replacement (More Reading) (Buy Now)
- Natural medicine: Butea Superba Buy Now
- Vasoactive therapy with oral agents (sildenafil/vardenafil/tadalafil) or local injectable agents, which enhance blood flow into the penis
Men with psychogenic erectile dysfunction (usually younger men) can benefit from behavioral sex therapy
You are welcome at the clinic for counseling and treatment!